Fort Lauderdale in Broward County, Florida — The American South (South Atlantic)
Replica 1899 School House
Erected 1976 by Fort Lauderdale Historical Society.
Location. 26° 7.16′ N, 80° 8.77′ W. Marker is in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, in Broward County. Marker is at the intersection of Southwest 2nd Avenue/North New River Drive West and Southwest 3rd Avenue/Nugent Avenue, on the right when traveling west on Southwest 2nd Avenue/North New River Drive West. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 219 SW 2nd Ave, Fort Lauderdale FL 33301, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Shippey House (within shouting distance of this marker); King-Cromartie House (within shouting distance of this Old Fort Lauderdale Village (within shouting distance of this marker); Philemon Nathaniel Bryan House (within shouting distance of this marker); Early 19th Century British Admiralty Anchor (within shouting distance of this marker); Colonial Hotel (about 600 feet away, measured in a direct line); Museum Building (about 600 feet away); Oliver Building (about 700 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Fort Lauderdale.
More about this marker. Marker and building are part of the Old Fort Lauderdale Village. In 1976, Virginia Young, former Fort Lauderdale mayor, headed up the building of replica schoolhouse and it was dedicated in 1977.
Categories. • Education •
Credits. This page was last revised on January 3, 2017. This page originally submitted on January 1, 2017, by Jay Kravetz of West Palm Beach, Florida. This page has been viewed 178 times since then. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on January 1, 2017, by Jay Kravetz of West Palm Beach, Florida. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page.