Brandon in Hillsborough County, Florida — The American South (South Atlantic)
Strong emphasis was on the "3R's" but even botany was taught. The town's social life centered around the school, and its auditorium provided a place for plays, movies, and special events. With the growth of the community the school became a Jr./Sr. in 1954, changed to a Sr. high in 1962, and in 1973 became a Jr. high named after long-time principal E.F. McLane. These buildings have nurtured our children proudly. Dedicated in honor of the Brandon Centennial
Erected 1990 by Brandon Chamber of Commerce Centennial Committee.
Location. 27° 56.552′ N, 82° 17.434′ W. Marker is in Brandon, Florida, in Hillsborough County. Marker is at the intersection of West Sadie Street and North Knights Avenue, on the right when traveling west on West Sadie Street. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 306 North Knights Avenue, Brandon FL 33510, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within Brandon Masonic Lodge No. 114, F. & A.M. (approx. ¼ mile away); Brandon Homestead (approx. 0.4 miles away); Brandon Family Cemetery (approx. 0.6 miles away); Limona (approx. 1.4 miles away); Spanish Exploration of Temple Terrace (approx. 8 miles away); Gary (approx. 8.2 miles away); Reverend Billy Graham (approx. 8.6 miles away); Temple Terraces Country Club Sutton Hall (approx. 8.6 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Brandon.
Categories. • Education •
Credits. This page was last revised on August 7, 2017. This page originally submitted on January 22, 2017, by Tim Fillmon of Webster, Florida. This page has been viewed 283 times since then. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on January 22, 2017, by Tim Fillmon of Webster, Florida. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page.