Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Leander in Williamson County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
 

Leander Presbyterian Church

 
 
Leander Presbyterian Church Marker image. Click for full size.
By Keith Peterson, February 26, 2017
1. Leander Presbyterian Church Marker
Inscription. Organized in 1857 by the Rev. R. M. Overstreet, this church was originally known as Pleasant Hill Presbyterian Church and was located in the town of Bagdad. When the new railroad bypassed Bagdad in 1882 and the town of Leander was founded on the rail line, the church members voted to move their congregation to the new town. A church building was erected in 1884, on land belonging to church member Sarah J. Walker, who deeded the property to church trustees in 1895. Many descendants of early members remain active in the life of the church.
 
Erected 1986 by the Texas Historical Commission. (Marker Number 9261.)
 
Location. 30° 34.671′ N, 97° 51.363′ W. Marker is in Leander, Texas, in Williamson County. Marker is on Ranch to Market Road 274 near W South Street (Route 2243). Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 101 N West Dr, Leander TX 78646, United States of America.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Leander United Methodist Church (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Webster Massacre (approx. mile away); Leander (approx. mile away); Leanderthal Lady (approx.
Leander Presbyterian Church image. Click for full size.
By Keith Peterson, February 26, 2017
2. Leander Presbyterian Church
mile away); Leander Schools (approx. 0.3 miles away); Pickle-Mason House (approx. 0.3 miles away); Norton Moses Lodge No. 336, A.F. & A.M. (approx. 0.7 miles away); Bagdad Cemetery (approx. 0.9 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Leander.
 
Also see . . .
1. Leander Presbyterian Church. (Submitted on January 2, 2008, by Keith Peterson of Cedar Park, Texas.)
2. Leander Presbyterian Church. Williamson County Historical Commission (Submitted on March 1, 2017, by Keith Peterson of Cedar Park, Texas.) 
 
Categories. Churches & Religion
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on March 2, 2017. This page originally submitted on January 2, 2008, by Keith Peterson of Cedar Park, Texas. This page has been viewed 938 times since then and 97 times this year. Last updated on March 1, 2017, by Keith Peterson of Cedar Park, Texas. Photos:   1, 2. submitted on March 1, 2017, by Keith Peterson of Cedar Park, Texas. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.
Paid Advertisement