Conway in Horry County, South Carolina — The American South (South Atlantic)
The Historic Brick for this Park
The brick was acquired by the Ray Family in 1969 when the St. Johnís Hotel (circa 1836) in Charleston, South Carolina, was demolished. The family utilized the brick to build their home on 7th Avenue. The remaining brick was untouched until 2012 when the Ray Family donated the brick to this park for the emjoyment of Conway residents and visitors.
Location. 33° 50.169′ N, 79° 2.809′ W. Marker is in Conway, South Carolina, in Horry County. Marker is at the intersection of Main Street (U.S. 501) and 4th Avenue, on the left when traveling north on Main Street. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Conway SC 29526, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 2 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Kingston-Conway / Robert Conway (about 500 feet away, measured in a direct line); The Wade Hampton Oak (about 500 feet away); First Methodist Church (about 500 feet away); Kingston Church (about 600 feet away); Peter Horry / Horry County (approx. 0.2 miles away); Centennial Time Capsule Conway High School (approx. 0.6 miles away); Benjamin Grier Collins (approx. 1.1 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Conway.
Categories. • Architecture •
Credits. This page was last revised on March 26, 2017. This page originally submitted on March 26, 2017, by J. J. Prats of Powell, Ohio. This page has been viewed 58 times since then. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on March 26, 2017, by J. J. Prats of Powell, Ohio.