St. Augustine in Saint Johns County, Florida — The American South (South Atlantic)
Treasury/Dr. Peck House
Location. 29° 53.609′ N, 81° 18.769′ W. Marker is in St. Augustine, Florida, in Saint Johns County. Marker is at the intersection of St George Street and Treasury Street, on the left when traveling south on St George Street. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 143 St George St, Saint Augustine FL 32084, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Pena-Peck House (here, next to this marker); Dr. Peck House (a few steps from this marker); Frederick Douglass (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Cathedral Basillica of St. Augustine (about 300 feet away); Plaza de la Constitución (about 300 feet away); 8-inch Columbiad (about 300 feet away); Sanchez-Burt House (about 400 feet away); Sanchez House (about 400 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in St. Augustine.
Regarding Treasury/Dr. Peck House. The Peck House (a.k.a. Old Spanish Treasury), built of native coquina stone, was constructed circa 1750 by order of the King of Spain to be the residence of his royal Treasurer, Juan Esteban de Pena. Dr. Seth Peck acquired the house in 1837; his granddaughter, Anna Gardener Burt, lived
Categories. • Notable Buildings •
Credits. This page was last revised on March 31, 2017. This page originally submitted on March 29, 2017, by Brandon D Cross of Flagler Beach, Florida. This page has been viewed 95 times since then. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on March 29, 2017, by Brandon D Cross of Flagler Beach, Florida. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page.