Eldridge in Sonoma County, California — The American West (Pacific Coastal)
“The Main Building”
Sonoma Development Center
The building served as the main administration building from 1908 to 1957. It was used as the professional education center from 1957 to 1980.
Architects: Sellon & Hemmings, State Architect's Office
Builder: McElroy, Copeland & Pierce of San Francisco
This building was placed on the National Register of Historic Paces by the Glen Ellen Historical Society, August 25, 2001
Erected 2001 by Glen Ellen Historical Society.
Location. 38° 20.838′ N, 122° 31.116′ W. Marker is in Eldridge, California, in Sonoma County. Marker is on Arnold Drive near Harney Street, on the right when traveling south. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 1500 Arnold Drive, Eldridge CA 95431, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 2 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Charles J. Poppe Building (approx. 1.1 miles away); Glen Ellen Cannon (approx. 1.1 miles away); Jack London Historical State Park (approx. 1.4 miles away); Horse Power and Manure Jack London Had A Dream (approx. 1.6 miles away); Jack London experimented (approx. 1.6 miles away); Jack and Charmian London Entertained Here (approx. 1.6 miles away); "We live in a beautiful part of the country." (approx. 1.6 miles away).
More about this marker. The "Main Building" is located on the grounds of the Sonoma Development Center at the intersection of Sonoma and Harney Streets.
Categories. • Notable Buildings •
Credits. This page was last revised on April 9, 2017. This page originally submitted on April 9, 2017, by Barry Swackhamer of San Jose, California. This page has been viewed 68 times since then and 7 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on April 9, 2017, by Barry Swackhamer of San Jose, California.