Novato in Marin County, California — The American West (Pacific Coastal)
819 Grant Avenue
This building was constructed in 1900 by Antone DeBorba, Sr., and it housed a barber shop. A 1913 map shows the building had an addition on its east side. The barber shop was moved to the new addition, leaving the billiards and saloon in the main building. The business continues to be owned by the DeBorba family as is one of the oldest family-owned businesses still in operation in Novato.
Erected by Novato Historical Guild.
Location. 38° 6.42′ N, 122° 34.044′ W. Marker is in Novato, California, in Marin County. Marker is at the intersection of Grant Avenue and Sherman Avenue, on the left when traveling west on Grant Avenue. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 819 Grant Avenue, Novato CA 94945, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other Novato Bank Building (a few steps from this marker); Novato Bank (a few steps from this marker); Scott General Store (within shouting distance of this marker); Druids Hall (within shouting distance of this marker); Druid's Hall/ Loustaunau's Hall (within shouting distance of this marker); Fashion Shop (within shouting distance of this marker); Novato's First Railroad Station (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); (Novato) City Hall (about 400 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Novato.
Categories. • Entertainment • Industry & Commerce •
Credits. This page was last revised on April 14, 2017. This page originally submitted on April 10, 2017, by Barry Swackhamer of San Jose, California. This page has been viewed 151 times since then. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on April 10, 2017, by Barry Swackhamer of San Jose, California.