Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Hot Springs in Garland County, Arkansas — The American South (West South Central)
 

304

 
 
304 Marker image. Click for full size.
By Steve Masler, April 8, 2017
1. 304 Marker
Inscription. Constructed circa 1890 by the Gaines Estate. Doctor's offices above and drug stores below. One of the country's first Walgreens Drug Stores in early 1900's. Later became the Colonial Drug Store with rooms above.

Wheatley Property

 
Location. 34° 30.942′ N, 93° 3.214′ W. Marker is in Hot Springs, Arkansas, in Garland County. Marker is on Central Avenue (State Highway 7) just south of Fountain Street, on the left when traveling north. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 304 Central Avenue, Hot Springs National Park AR 71901, United States of America.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. 308 (a few steps from this marker); Hot Springs (within shouting distance of this marker); Ohio and Southern Clubs (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Fordyce Bathhouse (about 700 feet away); Site of the Founding Convention Assemblies of God April 2-12, 1914 (approx. 0.2 miles away); 201 (approx. 0.2 miles away); Quapaw Bathhouse (approx. 0.2 miles away); 126 (approx. 0.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Hot Springs.
 
Categories. Industry & Commerce
 
304 Marker image. Click for full size.
By Steve Masler, April 8, 2017
2. 304 Marker
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on April 21, 2017. This page originally submitted on April 20, 2017, by Steve Masler of Memphis, Tennessee. This page has been viewed 374 times since then. Photos:   1, 2. submitted on April 20, 2017, by Steve Masler of Memphis, Tennessee. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.
Paid Advertisement