Near Anderson in Shasta County, California — The American West (Pacific Coastal)
Established May 26, 1852
by Co, E 2nd Infantry U.S.A.
Evacuated June 1867.
U.S. Army April 6, 1934.
Sponsored by Shasta Historical Society.
Erected 1934 by U.S. Army and the Shasta Historical Society.
Location. 40° 28.587′ N, 122° 13.822′ W. Marker is near Anderson, California, in Shasta County. Marker is on Dersch Road 0.6 miles east of Deschutes Road, on the left when traveling east. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Anderson CA 96007, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 8 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Masonic Lodge (approx. 4 miles away); Anderson Historic Fire Station (approx. 4.1 miles away); Dersch Homestead (approx. 4.2 miles away); The Flume (approx. 4½ miles away); Balls Ferry (approx. 4½ miles away); California – Oregon Road (approx. 5 miles away); Site of Reading Adobe (approx. 6.1 miles away); Reading Adobe (approx. 7.8 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Anderson.
Regarding Fort Reading.. Fort Reading is a registered California Historical Landmark (No. 379) with the following description:
Fort Reading, established
Also see . . . The California Military Museum - Fort Reading. (Submitted on August 17, 2008, by Syd Whittle of El Dorado Hills, California.)
Categories. • Forts, Castles • Military • Notable Places •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on August 15, 2008, by Syd Whittle of El Dorado Hills, California. This page has been viewed 1,585 times since then and 3 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on August 15, 2008, by Syd Whittle of El Dorado Hills, California. • Kevin W. was the editor who published this page.