De Pere in Brown County, Wisconsin — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
Erected 1973 by the Wisconsin Historical Society. (Marker Number 189.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Wisconsin Historical Society marker series.
Location. Marker has been confirmed missing. It was likely located near 44° 26.952′ N, 88° 3.606′ W. Marker was in De Pere, Wisconsin, in Brown County. Marker was at the intersection of George Street and Broadway (Wisconsin Highway 57), on the right when traveling west on George Street. Touch for map. Marker is at Creviere Commons, a downtown park located on the northeast corner of George Street and Broadway. Marker was in this post office area: De Pere WI 54115, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 2 miles of this location, measured as the crow flies. Brown County Court House 1838 to 1854 White Pillars (approx. ¼ mile away); Rapides des Peres (approx. 0.3 miles away); St. Norbert College & The Packers (approx. 0.6 miles away); Address by President Lincoln (approx. 0.6 miles away); Bernard Henry Pennings (approx. 0.9 miles away); The Catholic Bark Chapel (approx. 2.1 miles away); Menomineeville, Seat of Justice (approx. 2.1 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in De Pere.
Categories. • Exploration •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 17, 2016. This page originally submitted on August 17, 2008, by Keith L of Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin. This page has been viewed 1,685 times since then and 31 times this year. Photos: 1. submitted on August 17, 2008, by Keith L of Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin. 2. submitted on September 23, 2011, by Bob (peach) Weber of Prescott Valley, Arizona. 3. submitted on August 17, 2008, by Keith L of Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin. • Kevin W. was the editor who published this page.