Statesboro in Bulloch County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
Erected 1956 by Georgia Historical Commission. (Marker Number 016-2B.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Georgia Historical Society/Commission marker series.
Location. 32° 26.975′ N, 81° 46.993′ W. Marker is in Statesboro, Georgia, in Bulloch County. Marker is at the intersection of N. Main Street (U.S. 301) and Courtland Street, on the right when traveling south on N. Main Street. Touch for map. On the Courthouse West Lawn in Statesboro. Marker is in this post office area: Statesboro GA 30458, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance Bulloch County Courthouse (here, next to this marker); The March to the Sea (a few steps from this marker); Statesboro Confederate Monument (within shouting distance of this marker); First Baptist Church of Statesboro (approx. 0.2 miles away); The Fabulous Fifty of 1906 / The Delegates (approx. 0.2 miles away); Willie McTell Trail (approx. 0.2 miles away); Eastside Cemetery (approx. 0.6 miles away); United States vs. Darby Lumber Company (approx. 0.8 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Statesboro.
Categories. • Horticulture & Forestry • Notable Persons • Political Subdivisions • Settlements & Settlers •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on August 18, 2008, by Mike Stroud of Bluffton, South Carolina. This page has been viewed 1,459 times since then and 24 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on August 18, 2008, by Mike Stroud of Bluffton, South Carolina. • Kevin W. was the editor who published this page.