Near Eldorado in Schleicher County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
Erected 1936 by Texas Highway Department. (Marker Number 4405.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Texas 1936 Centennial Markers and Monuments marker series.
Location. Marker has been damaged. 30° 53.362′ N, 100° 35.072′ W. Marker is near Eldorado, Texas, in Schleicher County. Marker is on U.S. 277 0.6 miles north of County Road 302, on the right when traveling north. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Eldorado TX 76936, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 3 miles of this location, measured as the crow flies. First Methodist Church of Eldorado (approx. 2.1 miles away); Captain Gustav Schleicher (approx. 2.2 miles away); Schleicher County Courthouse (approx. 2.2 miles away); Bev McCormick (approx. 2.2 miles away); First National Bank Building (approx. 2.3 miles First Baptist Church of Eldorado (approx. 2.3 miles away); West Texas Woolen Mills (approx. 2½ miles away); Site of Verand (approx. 2.8 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Eldorado.
More about this marker. The marker is a Texas Centennial highway marker. The inscription tablet on top of the marker and the Texas Highway Department star medallion are missing. The pink granite stone base remains.
Also see . . . Schleicher County. From the Texas State Historical Association's "Handbook of Texas Online". (Submitted on June 3, 2017.)
Categories. • Settlements & Settlers •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 3, 2017. This page originally submitted on June 3, 2017, by Duane Hall of Abilene, Texas. This page has been viewed 199 times since then and 18 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on June 3, 2017, by Duane Hall of Abilene, Texas.