Port Gibson in Claiborne County, Mississippi — The American South (East South Central)
Claiborne County Courthouse
—Port Gibson Historic Tour —
Beaux-Arts Classicism. The
original two-story brick court-
house was constructed in 1845.
The Confederate Monument occu-
pies a small portion of the site
of the original Greek Revival jail.
Location. 31° 57.727′ N, 90° 59.032′ W. Marker is in Port Gibson, Mississippi, in Claiborne County. Marker is at the intersection of Market Street and Orange Street, on the right when traveling south on Market Street. Touch for map. Located in front of the Claiborne County Courthouse. Marker is at or near this postal address: 410 Market Street, Port Gibson MS 39150, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Claiborne County (here, next to this marker); Lightfoot Park (within shouting distance of this marker); The Port Gibson Boycott (within shouting distance of this marker); First Baptist M.B. Church (about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line); The Bernheimer Complex (about 800 feet away); Gage House (approx. 0.2 miles away); Port Gibson (approx. 0.2 miles away); First Presbyterian Church (approx. 0.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Port Gibson.
Categories. • Architecture • Notable Buildings •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 13, 2017. This page originally submitted on June 13, 2017, by Mark Hilton of Montgomery, Alabama. This page has been viewed 54 times since then. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on June 13, 2017, by Mark Hilton of Montgomery, Alabama.