Frewsburg in Chautauqua County, New York — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
First house erected in
Frewsburg. Built 1807 by
Hugh and Mary R. Frew
Erected 1932 by New York State Education Department.
Location. 42° 3.155′ N, 79° 9.949′ W. Marker is in Frewsburg, New York, in Chautauqua County. Marker is on Main Street (U.S. 62) half a mile west of South Pearl Street, on the left when traveling west. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 107 West Main Street, Frewsburg NY 14738, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 5 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. The Home of Reuben E. Fenton (about 600 feet away, measured in a direct line); First Campus of Jamestown Community College (approx. 4.4 miles away); Quaker School (approx. 4.4 miles away); Home of William J. Maddox (approx. 4.4 miles away); Site of Pail Factory (approx. 4½ miles away); American Aristotype Company (approx. 4½ miles away); First Sash Factory (approx. 4½ miles away); Crescent Tool Company (approx. 4½ miles away).
Categories. • Notable Buildings •
More. Search the internet for Frew House.
Credits. This page was last revised on May 6, 2019. This page originally submitted on July 16, 2017, by Anton Schwarzmueller of Wilson, New York. This page has been viewed 139 times since then and 17 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on July 16, 2017, by Anton Schwarzmueller of Wilson, New York. 3, 4. submitted on May 4, 2019, by Steve Stoessel of Niskayuna, New York.