Harrisburg in Dauphin County, Pennsylvania — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
George J. Heisely Residence and the National Anthem
100 Block of N. Second Street in 1908 with Heisely property shaded in color.
1881 aerial lithograph showing portion of downtown which includes Heisey's property as marked with arrow at Second and Walnut Streets.
Erected by The Harrisburg History Project Commissioned by Mayor Stephen R. Reed.
Marker series. This marker is included in the Pennsylvania, The Harrisburg History Project marker series.
Location. Marker has been reported missing. It was located near 40° 15.631′ N, 76° 52.999′ W. Marker was in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania, in Dauphin County. Marker was at the intersection of N. Second Street and Walnut Street, on the right when traveling north on N. Second Street. Touch for map. Marker was in this post office area: Harrisburg PA 17101, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this location. Eagle Hotel and Bolton Hotel (within shouting distance of this marker); Old Dauphin County Prison (within shouting distance of this marker); Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King City Government Center (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Union Trust Building (about 300 feet away); Market Square During The Civil War (about 400 feet away); Harrisburg (about 500 feet away); Market Square (about 500 feet away); Prelude To Gettysburg (about 500 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Harrisburg.
Related marker. Click here for another marker that is related to this marker. Holliday Street Theater location where first performed.
Categories. • Arts, Letters, Music • Patriots & Patriotism • War of 1812 •
Credits. This page was last revised on July 25, 2017. This page originally submitted on March 26, 2008, by Bill Pfingsten of Bel Air, Maryland. This page has been viewed 1,736 times since then and 37 times this year. Last updated on July 24, 2017, by Christopher Eby of Harrisburg, Pennsylvania. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on March 26, 2008, by Bill Pfingsten of Bel Air, Maryland.