Burton in Washington County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
Erected 1976 by Texas Historical Commission. (Marker Number 8315.)
Location. 30° 10.927′ N, 96° 35.762′ W. Marker is in Burton, Texas, in Washington County. Marker is at the intersection of North Main Street and West Washington Steet, on the left when traveling north on North Main Street. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 515 N Main St, Burton TX 77835, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 9 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Burton Farmers Gin (approx. 0.2 miles away); Burton Farmers Gin 1914 (approx. 0.2 miles away); Site of St. Paul-Rehburg School (approx. 4 miles away); Greenvine Gas Discovery (approx. 5.2 miles away); Gideon Lincecum (approx. 5.4 miles away); Winedale Stagecoach Inn (approx. 7.1 miles away); Waul's Texas Legion Campsite (approx. 7.7 miles away); Nassau Plantation (approx. 8.4 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Burton.
Categories. • Settlements & Settlers •
Credits. This page was last revised on July 25, 2017. This page originally submitted on July 24, 2017, by Susan S. Kiel of Burton, Texas. This page has been viewed 190 times since then and 30 times this year. Photo 1. submitted on July 24, 2017, by Susan S. Kiel of Burton, Texas. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page.
Editor’s want-list for this marker. Wide shot of marker and its surroundings. • Can you help?