Milan in Washtenaw County, Michigan — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
Pilgrim Rest Baptist Church
The Pilgrim's Rest Baptist Church was founded by African-Americans in 1949. The first service was held on Ash Street in the home of Deacon Eli Longstreet. The first pastor was Rev. Eddie C. Wilson. The congregation met at various locations until church members built this building in 1951. Rev. Wilson led the congregation until he passed away in September 1998.
Washtenaw County Historic Landmark
Erected by The Washtenaw County Historic District Commission.
Location. 42° 5.403′ N, 83° 41.231′ W. Marker is in Milan, Michigan, in Washtenaw County. Marker is on Elm Street, on the left when traveling west. Touch for map. Marker is about 285 feet west of York Street. Marker is at or near this postal address: 233 Elm Street, Milan MI 48160, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 8 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Braman Hotel (approx. ¼ mile away); Milan Village Hall and Fire Barn (approx. half a mile away); L. C. Allen House (approx. 0.9 miles away); Davenport House (approx. 7.1 miles away); Saline Presbyterian Church (approx. 7.2 miles away); Lower Level of the Barn Hog House (approx. 8 miles away); Upper Level of the Barn (approx. 8 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Milan.
Categories. • African Americans • Churches, Etc. •
Credits. This page was last revised on July 27, 2017. This page originally submitted on July 27, 2017, by Joel Seewald of Madison Heights, Michigan. This page has been viewed 55 times since then. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on July 27, 2017, by Joel Seewald of Madison Heights, Michigan.