Grosse Pointe Farms in Wayne County, Michigan — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
This Bell House
formerly located at Fair Acres the Grosse Pointe estate of Mrs. Henry B. Joy, was first erected there in 1929.
Presented to the city in her memory by her son Henry, it was moved to this location in April 1959.
Erected by Grosse Pointe Historical Society.
Location. 42° 24.489′ N, 82° 53.369′ W. Marker is in Grosse Pointe Farms, Michigan, in Wayne County. Marker is at the intersection of Moross Road and Kercheval Avenue, on the right when traveling east on Moross Road. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Grosse Pointe MI 48236, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 2 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Grosse Pointe Farms Water Filtration Plant (within shouting distance of this marker); Grosse Pointe Academy (approx. 0.9 miles away); Saint Paul Catholic School and Convent (approx. 0.9 miles away); Saint Paul Catholic Church / Saint Paul Rectory and Parish House (approx. one mile away); Grosse Pointe Farms Sewage Pumping Station (approx. one mile away); Grosse Pointe High School (approx. 1.4 miles away); Russell A. Alger House "The Moorings" The Grosse Pointe Memorial Church (approx. 1½ miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Grosse Pointe Farms.
Also see . . . Historical Architecture of Grosse Pointe — "Joy" in the Farms. Information about the bells, Henry B. Joy, and Helen Joy. (Submitted on July 28, 2017, by Joel Seewald of Madison Heights, Michigan.)
Categories. • Notable Buildings •
Credits. This page was last revised on July 28, 2017. This page originally submitted on July 28, 2017, by Joel Seewald of Madison Heights, Michigan. This page has been viewed 93 times since then and 17 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on July 28, 2017, by Joel Seewald of Madison Heights, Michigan.