St. Georgeís in St Georgeís, St Georgeís, Bermuda
(1781 – 1829)
in respectful memory of
(1781 – 1829)
Senior Warden of this church 1810 to 1825
and Mayor of the Town of St. George 1819 to 1823.
He is remembered especially by the townspeople
for installing the clock in the church tower.
The clock was made in 1814 by Thwaites and Reed (UK)
and restored by them in 2009
as a project of The Friends of St. Peterís Church,
through the generosity of the Kitson family of Bermuda,
descendants of John Till.
This plaque was unveiled on June 28th 2009
by Elizabeth Kitson, MBE MA, JR
Location. 32° 22.897′ N, 64° 40.658′ W. Marker is in St. Georgeís, St Georgeís, in St Georgeís. Marker can be reached from York Street, on the left when traveling east. Touch for map. Marker is located on the west side of St. Peterís Church.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 16 kilometers of this marker, measured as the crow flies. First Government House (within shouting distance of this marker); Midshipman Richard Sutherland Dale (about 90 meters away, measured in a direct line); Thomas Moore (about 150 meters away); Settlement of Bermuda The Broad Arrow (approx. 15.8 kilometers away in Dockyards); Victualling Yard (approx. 15.8 kilometers away in Dockyards); North Rock Beacon (approx. 16 kilometers away in Dockyards); The Great Western Storehouse (approx. 16.1 kilometers away in Dockyards). Touch for a list and map of all markers in St. Georgeís.
Categories. • Churches & Religion •
Credits. This page was last revised on July 31, 2017. This page originally submitted on July 31, 2017, by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey. This page has been viewed 143 times since then and 33 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. submitted on July 31, 2017, by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey.