Built by the Hon. William Crane, an early Sackville merchant, landowner, politician and partner of Charles Frederick Allison. The home was a wedding present for his daughter Ruth and Edward Cogswell and was known as Cogswell House. In 1895, it was renamed Marshlands after the beautiful Tantramar marshes by its new owner Henry C. Read, a stone merchant.
Erected 1999 by the Town of Sackville.
Location. 45° 53.802′ N, 64° 21.84′ W. Marker is in Sackville, New Brunswick, in Westmoreland County. Marker is on Bridge Street (New Brunswick Route 106) just east of Centennial Park, on the right when traveling east. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 55 Bridge Street, Sackville, New Brunswick E4L 3N9, Canada.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Dr. Copp's House (within shouting distance of this marker); St. Andrew's Presbyterian Church (about 120 meters away, measured in a direct line); HMCS/NCSM Sackville (about 150 meters away); Battle of Normandy (about 150 meters away); The Royal Canadian Air Force (about 150 meters away); 8th Canadian Hussars (Princess Louise's) Ferret Armored Car
Also see . . .
1. Marshlands Inn at Tantramar Historic Sites. (Submitted on August 3, 2017, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania.)
2. Marshlands Inn Canadian Register of Historic Places Info. (Submitted on August 3, 2017, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania.)
Categories. • Notable Buildings •
Credits. This page was last revised on August 3, 2017. This page originally submitted on August 3, 2017, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania. This page has been viewed 73 times since then and 11 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on August 3, 2017, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania.