Plattsburgh in Clinton County, New York — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Erected 1932 by State Education Department.
Location. 44° 41.904′ N, 73° 27.313′ W. Marker is in Plattsburgh, New York, in Clinton County. Marker is at the intersection of Court Street and Oak Street, on the left when traveling east on Court Street. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 48 Court Street, Plattsburgh NY 12901, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Trinity Episcopal Church - 1830 (about 700 feet away, measured in a direct line); War Memorial (about 700 feet away); Trinity Square - 1803 (approx. 0.2 miles away); City Hall - 1917 (approx. 0.2 miles away); Loyal L. Smith (approx. 0.2 miles away); The Ark-c 1803 (approx. 0.2 miles away); Thomas Macdonough Memorial Monument (approx. 0.2 miles away); Macdonough Monument - 1926 (approx. 0.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Plattsburgh.
Regarding British Hospital. The original house was built ca. 1805. It was the home of Charles and Pamela Dunham; Mrs. Dunham ran a school there prior to the War of 1812. The addition on the right side of the
Categories. • War of 1812 •
Credits. This page was last revised on August 6, 2017. This page originally submitted on August 4, 2017, by Ellen Adams of Plattsburgh, New York. This page has been viewed 120 times since then and 22 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on August 4, 2017, by Ellen Adams of Plattsburgh, New York. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.