Islip in Suffolk County, New York — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Orig. church Saxon Ave. 1828.
1st church this site 1866.
Sanctuary enlarged 1896 and
redesigned in 1946. Church
school building added 1889.
Erected by Historical Society of Islip Hamlet.
Location. 40° 43.703′ N, 73° 13.001′ W. Marker is in Islip, New York, in Suffolk County. Marker is at the intersection of Main Street and Church Street, on the right when traveling east on Main Street. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 350 Main Street, Islip NY 11751, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Early Schools (within shouting distance of this marker); Presbyterian Church (within shouting distance of this marker); a different marker also named Early Schools (about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line); Captain James Berry (about 700 feet away); Early Schools: Monell (approx. 0.2 miles away); Islip Crowd (approx. 0.2 miles away); First Town Hall (approx. 0.2 miles away); Historic Union Avenue (approx. ¼ mile away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Islip.
Categories. • Churches & Religion •
Credits. This page was last revised on August 8, 2017. This page originally submitted on August 8, 2017, by Andrew Ruppenstein of Sacramento, California. This page has been viewed 171 times since then. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on August 8, 2017, by Andrew Ruppenstein of Sacramento, California.