Islip in Suffolk County, New York — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Islip parish org. 1857.
1st chapel 1852 now south of
single spire church 1869.
Manse blt. 1895. Robert L.
Maitland, major benefactor.
Erected by Historical Society of Islip Hamlet.
Location. 40° 43.693′ N, 73° 13.046′ W. Marker is in Islip, New York, in Suffolk County. Marker is at the intersection of Main Street and Cedar Avenue, on the right when traveling east on Main Street. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 340 Main Street, Islip NY 11751, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 2 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Methodist Church (within shouting distance of this marker); Early Schools (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); The Old Mill (approx. 0.4 miles away); Gibb Patent (approx. 0.4 miles away); Log House (approx. 0.6 miles away); Brookwood Hall (approx. 0.9 miles away); Dr. George S. King Park (approx. 1.8 miles away); Bay Shore 1695 (approx. 1.8 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Islip.
Also see . . . Church History (Presbyterian Church of Slip). "Prior to 1857, folks of Presbyterian faith attended the Church (Submitted on August 8, 2017.)
Categories. • Churches, Etc. •
Credits. This page was last revised on August 8, 2017. This page originally submitted on August 8, 2017, by Andrew Ruppenstein of Sacramento, California. This page has been viewed 119 times since then. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on August 8, 2017, by Andrew Ruppenstein of Sacramento, California.