Hemphill in Sabine County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
First Baptist Church of Hemphill
Hemphill and in 1886, construction began on a building. New sanctuaries replaced preceding ones in 1910, 1962 and 1984 to accommodate the growing congregation.
Since its establishment, the church has provided spiritually and physically for residents of Hemphill. Members have generously contributed necessities and given food baskets to needy individuals and families in the community. The church has also focused on programs to aid the elderly, education of children and youth, and mission work. Today, First Baptist Church continues to be an important leader in the community, serving as a spiritual beacon for residents of Hemphill.
Erected 2008 by Texas Historical Commission. (Marker
Location. 31° 20.514′ N, 93° 50.863′ W. Marker is in Hemphill, Texas, in Sabine County. Marker is at the intersection of Mann Street (State Highway 87) and Main Street (State Highway 184), on the left when traveling south on Mann Street. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 301 Mann St, Hemphill TX 75948, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Pratt (within shouting distance of this marker); Sabine County (about 500 feet away, measured in a direct line); Sabine County Courthouse (about 500 feet away); a different marker also named Sabine County (about 500 feet away); Hemphill (about 600 feet away); Sabine County Jail (about 600 feet away); Hemphill Cemetery (approx. 0.2 miles away); In Memory of Charles Krenek & Jules “Buzz” Mier, Jr. (approx. ¾ mile away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Hemphill.
Also see . . . First Baptist Church of Hemphill, Texas. (Submitted on August 17, 2017.)
Categories. • Churches, Etc. •
Credits. This page was last revised on August 17, 2017. This page originally submitted on August 16, 2017, by Tom Bosse of Jefferson City, Tennessee. This page has been viewed 65 times since then. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on August 16, 2017, by Tom Bosse of Jefferson City, Tennessee. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page.