Pentwater in Oceana County, Michigan — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
Lites Drug Store
1899 — The Corner Drug Store was owned by D. G. Weare for many years but was owned by F. W. Fincher when it was destroyed by the 1889 fire.
1891 - F. W. Fincher rebuilt this two story and basement building known as The Corner Drug Store with Pentwater brick.
1893 - J. L. Congdon bought the business and he and his wife Jen ran the drugstore until 1935.
1935- It became Mac's Pharmacy owned by Mr. McCarthy.
1947 - It was known as Jack Johnston Drug Store.
1949 - Lites Drug Store owned by Ken and Georgia Lites.
1995 - Dropped the pharmacy and became a general store owned by Susan and Jay Bryan.
2002 — Bought by Jim Gwilliams's and became a dollar discount store opening in 2003.
Erected by Pentwater Historical Society.
Location. 43° 46.744′ N, 86° 25.99′ W. Marker is in Pentwater, Michigan, in Oceana County. Marker is at the intersection of South Hancock Street (Business U.S. 31) and Third Street, on the right when traveling south on South Hancock Street. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 291 South Hancock Streeet, Pentwater MI 49449, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker White Elephant (within shouting distance of this marker); Gustafson's (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Pet Hollywood (about 400 feet away); Cosmic Candy (about 400 feet away); Ships and Shipping (about 600 feet away); Graveyard of Ships / Veterans' Day Storm (about 600 feet away); The Lumber Industry (about 600 feet away); The Pentwater Methodist Church (about 700 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Pentwater.
Categories. • Industry & Commerce •
Credits. This page was last revised on August 18, 2017. This page originally submitted on August 18, 2017, by Joel Seewald of Madison Heights, Michigan. This page has been viewed 56 times since then and 4 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on August 18, 2017, by Joel Seewald of Madison Heights, Michigan.