Anderson in Anderson County, South Carolina — The American South (South Atlantic)
A Living Tribute
Mr. & Mrs. Wilton E. Hall
who since April 7, 1955 have contributed the facilities of radio stations WAIM & WCAC-FM to carry the ministry of this class to many thousands of people each Sunday morning.
Mr. Hall was ordained a deacon in 1945 and Mrs. Hall served for twenty years as president of the Brock Philathea Class.
Erected 1978 by Baraca Class, First Baptist Church.
Location. 34° 30.133′ N, 82° 38.817′ W. Marker is in Anderson, South Carolina, in Anderson County. Marker is at the intersection of South Manning Street and East Church Street, on the right when traveling south on South Manning Street. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Anderson SC 29624, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. William Bullein Johnson (within shouting distance of this marker); The First Baptist Church Bell (within shouting distance of this marker); G. Ross Anderson Jr. Federal Building and United States Courthouse (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Masonic Temple -- 1889 (about 600 feet away); In Commemoration of Black Pioneers St. John's Methodist Church (about 700 feet away); G.F. Tolly Building -- c. 1910 (about 700 feet away); William Law Watkins (about 700 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Anderson.
Also see . . .
1. Wilton E. Hall. Wilton Earle Hall (March 11, 1901 – February 25, 1980) was a United States Senator from South Carolina. (Submitted on May 7, 2013, by Brian Scott of Anderson, South Carolina.)
2. Wilton E. Hall: Find-a-Grave. South Carolina Senator. He served from 1944 to 1945. (Submitted on May 8, 2013, by Brian Scott of Anderson, South Carolina.)
3. Waim (1230 AM). WAIM (1230 AM) is a News/Talk radio station located in Anderson, South Carolina. (Submitted on May 8, 2013.)
4. Wcoc (now Wroq) (101.1-FM). 101.1 signed on as WCAC-FM in 1947 as the sister station to WAIM-AM 1230. (Submitted on May 8, 2013, by Brian Scott of Anderson, South Carolina.)
1. Wilton Earle Hall, (1901 - 1980)
Wilton Earle, a Senator from South Carolina; born in Starr, Hall Township, Anderson County, S.C., March 11, 1901; attended
— Submitted May 8, 2013, by Brian Scott of Anderson, South Carolina.
Categories. • Notable Persons •
Credits. This page was last revised on August 28, 2017. This page originally submitted on May 7, 2013, by Brian Scott of Anderson, South Carolina. This page has been viewed 381 times since then and 27 times this year. Last updated on August 18, 2017, by Charles P. Stewart of Greensboro, Ga 30642. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on May 7, 2013, by Brian Scott of Anderson, South Carolina. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.