Bunkie in Avoyelles Parish, Louisiana — The American South (West South Central)
White's Chapel United Methodist Church
Gothic Revival church built in 1894 by Hugh and Lee Evans on land donated by Wilson A. O'Quin, Sr. It was named in honor of Rev. Frederick White who organized it in 1870. Listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
Location. 30° 50.01′ N, 92° 12.208′ W. Marker is in Bunkie, Louisiana, in Avoyelles Parish. Marker is on Whites Chapel Road 0.3 miles south of State Highway 29, on the right when traveling west. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 120 Whites Chapel Road, Bunkie LA 71322, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 6 other markers are within 15 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Fogleman Cemetery (approx. 5.6 miles away); Veterans Memorial (approx. 8½ miles away); Evergreen (approx. 10.1 miles away); Ville Platte (approx. 10.9 miles away); Trinity Episcopal Church (approx. 14 miles away); The Historic Oaks of Cottonport (approx. 14.1 miles away).
Categories. • Architecture • Churches & Religion •
Credits. This page was last revised on August 26, 2017. This page originally submitted on August 26, 2017, by Cajun Scrambler of Assumption, Louisiana. This page has been viewed 91 times since then. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on August 26, 2017.