Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
McCalla in Jefferson County, Alabama — The American South (East South Central)
 

Cane Creek School

1923

 
 
Cane Creek School Marker image. Click for full size.
By Sandra Hughes, August 5, 2015
1. Cane Creek School Marker
Inscription. Successor to the first school built in Jefferson County in 1815, this building - of 1923 origins - served the residents of the Beltona Area until 1960. Purchased in 1963 by the Cane Creek Community Club, it was subsequently donated to Tannerhill Ironworks Historical State Park for restoration in 1979. It was originally located about 3 miles west of Warrior.
 
Erected by Alabama Historic Ironworks Commission.
 
Location. 33° 14.866′ N, 87° 4.308′ W. Marker is in McCalla, Alabama, in Jefferson County. Marker can be reached from Confederate Parkway 0.4 miles south of Tannehill Road, on the left when traveling south. Touch for map. Marker is located in Tannerhill Ironworks Historical State Park. Marker is at or near this postal address: 12632 Confederate Parkway, Mc Calla AL 35111, United States of America.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Woodward Post Office  (within shouting distance of this marker); The Collins House (about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line); Charles Jefferson Stewart House (about 700 feet away); Peel House (about 800 feet away); "Hot Pot", Ensley Works
Cane Creek School Marker image. Click for full size.
By Sandra Hughes, August 5, 2015
2. Cane Creek School Marker
(about 800 feet away); Pipe DL & CO 1889 (about 800 feet away); Bessemer Sewer System (about 800 feet away); Blower House (approx. 0.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in McCalla.
 
Also see . . .  Tannehill Ironworks Historical State Park. (Submitted on August 28, 2017.)
 
Categories. EducationSettlements & Settlers
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on August 28, 2017. This page originally submitted on August 27, 2017, by Sandra Hughes of Killen, Usa. This page has been viewed 35 times since then. Photos:   1, 2. submitted on August 27, 2017, by Sandra Hughes of Killen, Usa. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page.
Paid Advertisement