Cape Cod National Sea Shore Marconi Beach
Regulations have been established to protect resources and provide for visitor safety. Please obey them.
• Natural and cultural features are protected by federal law and must not be disturbed.
• Do not pick flowers. Metal detectors are prohibited. Taking, feeding, or harassing wildlife is prohibited.
• Keep trails, roadsides, and other areas clean. Use trash receptacles or take your trash away with you.
• Oversand vehicles are allowed only on designated sand routes, and a permit is required. Indiscriminate dune-driving is prohibited.
• Wear seat belts while operating or riding in a vehicle.
• Pets must be leashed and kept under control at all times. Leashes must not exceed 2 meters (6 feet). Pet are not permitted in public buildings, on lifeguard--protected beaches, or on nature trails.
• Stay on established path to avoid trampling vegetation and to reduce exposure to ticks and poison ivy.
• Remain out of areas that are closed for wildlife protection.
• Open fires are not allowed except when authorized by a permit, which
• Public nudity is prohibited.
• Poison ivy and ticks are prevalent. Learn to identify them and reduce exposure by remaining on designated paths.
• Sand collapse easily. Climbing slopes and digging holes above knee level is prohibited.
• At the ocean, be alert for riptides and underwater obstacles. Keep children within reach. Signs designate lifeguard-protected beaches.
• Be wary of too much sun exposure.
• Glass containers, rafts, rubber tubes, and mask and snorkels are prohibited on lifeguard-protected beaches.
• When biking on designated bike trails, wear a helmet (required for riders 12 and younger), ride single file to the right, don't speed and be alert for hills, sharp turns, other users, and windblown sand. If you have an unfamiliar bike, check brakes, gears, and steering before entering a trail.
• In summer, be alert for heavy traffic, bicyclists, and pedestrians on narrow roads.
Erected by Cape Cod National Seashore National Park Service U. S. Department of the
Location. 41° 53.466′ N, 69° 57.815′ W. Marker is in Wellfleet, Massachusetts, in Barnstable County. Marker is on Marconi Beach Road. Touch for map. Marker is located on Marconi Beach. Marker is in this post office area: Wellfleet MA 02667, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 4 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Transatlantic Triumph (approx. 1.6 miles away); Marconi Wireless Station (approx. 1.6 miles away); The Nauset Lights (approx. 2.2 miles away); Three Sisters Lit the Way (approx. 2.2 miles away); Pushed Back by the Sea (approx. 2.2 miles away); The Long, Black Cable (approx. 2.2 miles away); Doane Rock (approx. 3.3 miles away); The Life Savers (approx. 3.4 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Wellfleet.
Categories. • Notable Places •
Credits. This page was last revised on September 6, 2017. This page originally submitted on September 3, 2017, by Sandra Hughes of Killen, Usa. This page has been viewed 84 times since then and 3 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on September 3, 2017, by Sandra Hughes of Killen, Usa. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.