Baker City in Baker County, Oregon — The American West (Northwest)
Gwilliam Brothers Bakery
Baker City Historic District
óEstablished 1874 ó
After World War II, the building was enlarged by the addition of a wing along the north (Church Street) side.
A bakery business continued in the building until 1983. That year the building was converted into a restaurant. The remodeled decor featured a new tin ceiling. The heart of the bakery - the massive oven - remained in the building, however.
Erected by Historic Baker City, Inc.
Location. 44° 46.727′ N, 117° 49.776′ W. Marker is in Baker City, Oregon, in Baker County. Marker is at the intersection of Main Street (Oregon Route 7) and Church Street, on the right when traveling north on Main Street. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 2190 Main Street, Baker City OR 97814, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. The Masonic Temple (within shouting distance of this marker); Bishop Building (within shouting distance of this marker); Basche-Sage Hardware Co. Building McCord House and Shop (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Baker Loan and Trust Building (about 400 feet away); Lynndale Building (about 400 feet away); Geiser Grand Hotel (about 600 feet away); Miller's Lunch Building (about 600 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Baker City.
Categories. • Industry & Commerce • Notable Buildings •
Credits. This page was last revised on September 10, 2017. This page originally submitted on September 10, 2017, by Barry Swackhamer of San Jose, California. This page has been viewed 79 times since then and 17 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on September 10, 2017, by Barry Swackhamer of San Jose, California.