Bay St. Louis in Hancock County, Mississippi — The American South (East South Central)
St. Stanislaus College
Founded 1854, by Brothers of the Sacred Heart. Oldest institution of learning on the Mississippi Gulf Coast. On Beach Boulevard, facing the Gulf, the school became college preparatory in 1923.
Erected 1969 by Mississippi Department Archives and History.
Marker series. This marker is included in the Mississippi State Historical Marker Program marker series.
Location. 30° 18.395′ N, 89° 19.693′ W. Marker is in Bay St. Louis, Mississippi, in Hancock County. Marker is on South Beach Boulevard east of Union Street, on the right when traveling east. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 304 South Beach Boulevard, Bay Saint Louis MS 39520, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Our Lady of the Gulf (about 500 feet away, measured in a direct line); St. Joseph's Academy (about 700 feet away); Hancock County Bank (approx. 0.3 miles away); First Baptist Church of Bay St. Louis (approx. 0.3 miles away); Publius Rutilius Rufus Pray (approx. 0.3 miles away); Old Spanish Customs House (approx. 100 Men D.B.A. Hall (approx. 0.4 miles away); Naval Battle of Bay St. Louis (approx. 0.6 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Bay St. Louis.
Categories. • Churches & Religion • Education •
Credits. This page was last revised on September 21, 2017. This page originally submitted on September 17, 2017, by Cajun Scrambler of Assumption, Louisiana. This page has been viewed 115 times since then and 15 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on September 17, 2017. 4. submitted on September 21, 2017.