Heusenstamm in Landkreis Offenbach, Hessen, Germany
Schloss Heusenstamm / Heusenstamm Palace
The palace was built 1663-1668 by Philipp Erwein of Schönborn and until 1801 served as the residence for the Counts of Schönborn. Above the gate entrance the coats-of-arms of the Schönborn and Greiffenclau families are seen in alliance. The grimacing figure and the rollers (see Photo No. 2) are indicative of a drawbridge, but further information is lacking. The palace is situated such that it forms a unit with the rear castle. From 1954-1975, the palace housed the Postal School of the German Postal System. In 1980, it became the city hall and was expanded, as originally planned, to four wings.
Erected by Stadt Heusenstamm.
Location. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: Im Herrngarten 1, Heusenstamm, Hessen 63150, Germany.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 11 kilometers of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Ehemaliges Kellergebäude und Zehnthaus / Former Ware- and Tithing House (about 240 meters away, measured in a direct line); Heusenstamm World War II Victims Memorial (approx. 0.3 kilometers away); Gasthaus zum Goldenen Löwen / The Inn at the Golden Lion (approx. 0.3 kilometers away); Katholische Pfarrkirche St. Cäcila / Catholic Parish Church of St. Cecilia (approx. 0.3 kilometers away); Staufermauer (approx. 10.3 kilometers away); Friedrich Stoltze Geburtshaus / Birthplace (approx. 10.4 kilometers away); Frankfurt Romani Memorial (approx. 10.4 kilometers away); Joachim von Sandrart (1606 - 1688) (approx. 10.4 kilometers away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Heusenstamm.
Also see . . . Schloss Heusenstamm (Wikipedia, in German). (Submitted on October 5, 2017.)
Categories. • Notable Buildings •
Credits. This page was last revised on October 7, 2017. This page originally submitted on October 5, 2017, by Andrew Ruppenstein of Sacramento, California. This page has been viewed 78 times since then. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on October 5, 2017, by Andrew Ruppenstein of Sacramento, California.