Watson in Livingston Parish, Louisiana — The American South (West South Central)
First official post office established near this site, February 20, 1894. Named after first postmaster, George W. Watson, whose family owned land that is now the center of Watson.
Erected 1976 by Watson Bicentennial Commission.
Location. 30° 34.594′ N, 90° 57.189′ W. Marker is in Watson, Louisiana, in Livingston Parish. Marker is on Old LA. Highway 16 (State Road 3285) north of Springfield Road (State Highway 1019), on the left when traveling north. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 35079 Old LA Highway 16, Watson LA 70786, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 9 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Indians Along Amite River (approx. 0.6 miles away); Greenwell Springs (approx. 2.4 miles away); Parish of St. Alphonsus Liguori (approx. 6.6 miles away); Denham Springs (approx. 6.7 miles away); Salem Baptist Church (approx. 7.3 miles away); Walker, Louisiana (approx. 8.1 miles away); Blackwater Conservation Area (approx. 8˝ miles away); Comite River (approx. 8˝ miles away).
Categories. • Settlements & Settlers •
Credits. This page was last revised on October 15, 2017. This page originally submitted on October 15, 2017, by Cajun Scrambler of Assumption, Louisiana. This page has been viewed 127 times since then and 3 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on October 15, 2017.