Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
St. Anthony in Fremont County, Idaho — The American West (Mountains)
 

Pioneer Meeting House

 
 
Pioneer Meeting House Marker image. Click for full size.
By Barry Swackhamer, June 23, 2017
1. Pioneer Meeting House Marker
Plaque below the marker reads:
This monument, formerly two blocks south, was moved here when the Tabernacle, built in 1916 by the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, was razed.
Inscription. The first house of worship erected in the Upper Snake River Valley, was located approximately five and three-fourths miles west, and one and three-fourths miles south of this marker. It was completed by members of the Egin Branch of the Cache Stake of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, December 6, 1882, and destroyed by fire in February, 1886.
Also honoring the pioneers who came into this valley between 1879-1890.
 
Erected 1941 by Daughters of Utah Pioneers, Fremont County Company. (Marker Number 70.)
 
Marker series. This marker is included in the Daughters of Utah Pioneers marker series.
 
Location. 43° 57.872′ N, 111° 40.903′ W. Marker is in St. Anthony, Idaho, in Fremont County. Marker is on South Bridge Street near East 3rd Street, on the right when traveling north. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 226 South Bridge Street, Saint Anthony ID 83445, United States of America.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 9 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Fort Henry (here, next to this marker); M60A3 Army Tank (within shouting distance of this marker); World War I Memorial (within shouting distance of this
Pioneer Meeting House Marker image. Click for full size.
By Barry Swackhamer, June 23, 2017
2. Pioneer Meeting House Marker
marker); Teton City Settlers (approx. 5.4 miles away); a different marker also named Fort Henry (approx. 5 miles away); a different marker also named Fort Henry (approx. 5 miles away); Thomas C. Neibaur Monument (approx. 7.1 miles away); Teton Flood (approx. 9 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in St. Anthony.
 
More about this marker. This marker is located in American Legion Park.
 
Categories. Churches & Religion
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on October 15, 2017. This page originally submitted on October 15, 2017, by Barry Swackhamer of San Jose, California. This page has been viewed 67 times since then. Photos:   1, 2. submitted on October 15, 2017, by Barry Swackhamer of San Jose, California.
Paid Advertisement