Constructed on-site: 1960 • Rebuilt: 2008
Beach Gallery and Beach Lodge are designed to resemble an Adirondack camp. Named for William and Marie Beach, longtime hunting companions of J. Watson Webb (1884-1960) and Electra Havemeyer Webb (1888-1960), the log buildings were constructed on-site using timber from Nehasane, the Webb's 50,000-acre northern New York preserve. Through the generosity of the Pizzagalli family, Beach Gallery was rebuilt in 2008 using lumber salvaged from a Montana forest fire.
Currently on view is Lock, Stock, and Barrel: The Terry Tyler Collection of Vermont Firearms, hand-crafted Vermont firearms created from 1790 through 1900.
Erected by the Shelburne Museum.
Location. 44° 22.43′ N, 73° 13.987′ W. Marker is in Shelburne, Vermont, in Chittenden County. Touch for map. Marker and building are on the Shelburne Museum grounds. Marker is at or near this postal address: 6000 Shelburne Road (US Hwy 7), Shelburne VT 05482, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Beach Lodge (a few steps from this marker); The Rail Car Grand Isle (within shouting distance of this marker); a different marker also named Rail Car Grand Isle
Also see . . .
1. Beach Gallery and Beach Lodge. (Submitted on October 30, 2017, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania.)
2. Adirondack Great Camps of the Gilded Age. (Submitted on October 30, 2017, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania.)
Categories. • Man-Made Features •
Credits. This page was last revised on October 30, 2017. This page originally submitted on October 30, 2017, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania. This page has been viewed 51 times since then and 9 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on October 30, 2017, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania.