Moscow in Latah County, Idaho — The American West (Mountains)
University of Idaho
Like this Long Highway, the University of Idaho
—links together the northern and southern parts of the state of Idaho —
Established by the territorial legislature, Jan. 30, 1889, the university opened in the fall of 1892. As Idaho’s land grant institution, the university was charged to bring the benefits of quality teaching, research, and service to the people of Idaho. Its nine colleges and its graduate school now serve thousands of students, and it is the major center for higher education in Idaho.
Erected by Idaho State Historical Society & Idaho Transportation Department. (Marker Number 279.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Idaho State Historical Society marker series.
Location. 46° 41.718′ N, 117° 0.485′ W. Marker is in Moscow, Idaho, in Latah County. Marker is on U.S. 95 0.1 miles south of Cameron Road, on the right when traveling north. Touch for map. Marker is located along a wide shoulder section on the east side of US highway 95. It is shaded and can be partially hidden by trees. Marker is at or near this postal address: 2922 HWY 95 South, Moscow ID 83843, United States of America.
More about this marker. A large wooden marker in good condition
Also see . . .
1. About the University of Idaho.
Since 1889, the University of Idaho has provided motivated (Submitted on November 6, 2017, by Cosmos Mariner of Cape Canaveral, Florida.)
2. University of Idaho Historical Photograph Collection.
A digital collection comprised of historical photographs and documents pertaining to the history of the University of Idaho, selected from several different collections held by the University of Idaho Library Special Collections & Archives. The images and documents span the years 1889 to 1975, documenting campus life at the University. (Submitted on November 6, 2017, by Cosmos Mariner of Cape Canaveral, Florida.)
3. University of Idaho.
Formed by the territorial legislature on January 30, 1889, the university opened its doors in 1892 on October 3, with an initial class of 40 students. The first graduating class in 1896 contained two men and two women. As a land-grant university and the primary research university in the state, UI has the largest campus in the state at 1,585 acres. (Submitted on November 6, 2017, by Cosmos Mariner of Cape Canaveral, Florida.)
Categories. • Education • Man-Made Features •
Credits. This page was last revised on November 8, 2017. This page originally submitted on November 6, 2017, by Cosmos Mariner of Cape Canaveral, Florida. This page has been viewed 52 times since then and 13 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on November 6, 2017, by Cosmos Mariner of Cape Canaveral, Florida. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.