Lewiston in Nez Perce County, Idaho — The American West (Mountains)
The First Capital
The organization of Idaho Territory was proclaimed in Lewiston July 10, 1863
—and the ﬁrst two legislatures met here —
Erected by Idaho Historical Society & Idaho Transportation Department. (Marker Number 167.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Idaho State Historical Society marker series.
Location. 46° 27.697′ N, 116° 59.522′ W. Marker is in Lewiston, Idaho, in Nez Perce County. Marker is on U.S. 95 3 miles south of Old Spiral Highway, on the right when traveling south. Touch for map. Marker is located in a pull-out overlooking the city of Lewiston, and the Clearwater and Snake Rivers. Marker is in this post office area: Lewiston ID 83501, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 4 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Lewis Clark State College (here, next to this marker); Mackenzie's Post (here, next to this marker); Bert Zimmerly (approx. 1.1 miles away); Steamboats (approx. 1.2 miles away); Lewiston Hill (approx. 1.2 miles away); 18th St. Bridge (approx. 3 miles away); John Silcott (approx. 3 miles away); The Early Years in Nez Perce County (approx. 3.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Lewiston.
More about this marker. Large wooden marker in good condition
Categories. • Politics • Settlements & Settlers •
Credits. This page was last revised on November 9, 2017. This page originally submitted on November 7, 2017, by Cosmos Mariner of Cape Canaveral, Florida. This page has been viewed 56 times since then. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on November 7, 2017, by Cosmos Mariner of Cape Canaveral, Florida. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.