Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Shreveport in Caddo Parish, Louisiana — The American South (West South Central)
 

Harrison Building

 
 
Harrison Building Marker image. Click for full size.
By Mike Wintermantel, November 4, 2017
1. Harrison Building Marker
Inscription. Built by Martin Tally about 1865. Known as the Smith Building from 1870. Extensively remodelled 1897. Served as first Federal Courthouse of Shreveport 1881-1887. Later home to Eliott Electric Company and Harrison Tobacco Company.
 
Location. 32° 30.87′ N, 93° 44.77′ W. Marker is in Shreveport, Louisiana, in Caddo Parish. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 513 Spring Street, Shreveport LA 71101, United States of America.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. 525 Spring Street (a few steps from this marker); Cane & Bennett's Trading Post (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Green's Alley (about 300 feet away); Old CNB Building (about 400 feet away); Shreve Square (about 500 feet away); First City Market (about 500 feet away); CNB Building (approx. 0.2 miles away); Turning to the Right (approx. 0.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Shreveport.
 
Categories. Notable Buildings
 
Harrison Building Marker image. Click for full size.
By Mike Wintermantel, November 4, 2017
2. Harrison Building Marker
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on November 8, 2017. This page originally submitted on November 8, 2017, by Mike Wintermantel of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. This page has been viewed 39 times since then. Photos:   1, 2. submitted on November 8, 2017, by Mike Wintermantel of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.
Paid Advertisement