Walworth in Wayne County, New York — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
known as Douglas Corners
1801 - 1825.
Here Stephen Douglas of
Conn. built first house.
Erected 1937 by New York State Department of Education.
Location. 43° 8.344′ N, 77° 16.346′ W. Marker is in Walworth, New York, in Wayne County. Marker is at the intersection of Main Street (County Route 208) and Walworth-Marion Road on Main Street. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 3720 Main Street, Walworth NY 14568, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 5 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Former POW Camp (approx. 3.9 miles away); This House (approx. 3.9 miles away); Macedon Academy (approx. 4 miles away); Lake Stone House (approx. 4.2 miles away); Martin Harris Farm (approx. 4.2 miles away); a different marker also named Martin Harris Farm (approx. 4.2 miles away); First Tavern (approx. 4.2 miles away); Marion (approx. 4.2 miles away).
Categories. • Settlements & Settlers •
Credits. This page was last revised on November 12, 2017. This page originally submitted on November 12, 2017, by Anton Schwarzmueller of Wilson, New York. This page has been viewed 80 times since then and 8 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on November 12, 2017, by Anton Schwarzmueller of Wilson, New York.