National Register Historic District / Morehead State University
National Register Historic District
Nine buildings erected from 1926-32 fitting in a "crescent moon" plan. Rader, Fields, Allie Young Halls, 1926; Thompson Hall, 1927; Button Auditorium, 1928; President's Home, 1929; Breckinridge Training School and Camden Library, 1931; Senff Natatorium, 1932. Landscape plan: Olmstead Bros.; Collegiate Gothic design: Joseph & Joseph Architects.
Morehead State University
Morehead Christian School founded in 1887 for United Christian Missionary Society of St. Louis by Mrs. Phebe Button and her son Dr. F. C. Button. Became easternmost State Normal School in 1922; changed to Morehead State Teachers College in 1930; and named Morehead State University in 1966. Presented by MSU Foundation.
Erected 1995 by Kentucky Historical Society & Kentucky Department of Highways. (Marker Number 1952.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Kentucky Historical Society marker series.
Location. 38° 11.145′ N, 83° 26.098′ W. Marker is in Morehead, Kentucky, in Rowan County. Marker can be reached from University Boulevard. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Morehead KY 40351, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within
Also see . . . Morehead State University. (Submitted on November 17, 2017, by Tom Bosse of Jefferson City, Tennessee.)
Categories. • Education •
Credits. This page was last revised on November 21, 2017. This page originally submitted on November 17, 2017, by Tom Bosse of Jefferson City, Tennessee. This page has been viewed 42 times since then. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6. submitted on November 17, 2017, by Tom Bosse of Jefferson City, Tennessee. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.