Freeport in Walton County, Florida — The American South (South Atlantic)
Freeport Masonic Hall
The lower floor of the building was rented to the J.J. McCaskill Mercantile Company from 1908-1916 for use as "The People's Cash Store". In 1925, the Order of the Eastern Star was granted use of the building. In 1950, the Boy Scouts, 4-H Club and the Home Woodsmen of the World and the Ladies' Auxiliary of the Woodsmen also rented the Lodge for their meetings.
The Freeport Masonic Hall is at the heart of the historic center of the original City of Freeport. It is one of the few historic structures intact and in use and is a landmark beloved to the people of Freeport.
Erected by Walton County
Location. 30° 29.621′ N, 86° 8.199′ W. Marker is in Freeport, Florida, in Walton County. Marker is at the intersection of Madison Street and North Street on Madison Street. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 314 Madison Street, Freeport FL 32439, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 6 other markers are within 15 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Eden (approx. 8½ miles away); Gulf Cemetery (approx. 11.1 miles away); Cosson Family Tragedy (approx. 11.3 miles away); Eucheeanna Community (approx. 11.6 miles away); Euchee Valley Presbyterian Church And Cemetery (approx. 13.6 miles away); Knox Hill Academy (approx. 14.8 miles away).
Categories. • Architecture • Fraternal or Sororal Organizations •
Credits. This page was last revised on November 29, 2017. This page originally submitted on November 22, 2017, by Tim Fillmon of Webster, Florida. This page has been viewed 47 times since then. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on November 22, 2017, by Tim Fillmon of Webster, Florida. • Andrew Ruppenstein was the editor who published this page.