Fluvanna in Scurry County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
Former Townsite of Light
A decline set in, however, when the town of Fluvanna was surveyed in 1907 at terminus of the Roscoe, Snyder & Pacific Railroad. Soon citizens moved their buildings and belongings a mile west to be on the rails.
Although town of Light has vanished, area still supplies water to Fluvanna.
Erected 1972 by State Historical Survey Committee. (Marker Number 1957.)
Location. 32° 53.08′ N, 101° 7.936′ W. Marker is in Fluvanna, Texas, in Scurry County. Marker is at the intersection of Farm to Market Road 2173 and Farm to Market Road 2214, on the right when traveling south on Highway 2173. Touch for map. Marker is on the southeast corner. Marker is in this post office area: Fluvanna TX 79517, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 15 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Fluvanna Mercantile Company (approx. 0.3 miles away); Fluvanna (approx. 0.3 miles away); Site of First Presbyterian Church of Fluvanna Dermott (approx. 6.9 miles away); Home County of Famous Frontiersmen J. Wright Mooar (approx. 8.7 miles away); Scurry County's Billionth Barrel of Oil (approx. 11.9 miles away); The Block 97 Controversy (approx. 13.4 miles away); Von Roeder Cotton Breeding Farms (approx. 14.6 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Fluvanna.
Categories. • Settlements & Settlers •
Credits. This page was last revised on November 30, 2017. This page originally submitted on November 30, 2017, by Bill Kirchner of Tucson, Arizona. This page has been viewed 90 times since then and 10 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on November 30, 2017, by Bill Kirchner of Tucson, Arizona.