Snyder in Scurry County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
Since 1894 owned by family of a former Tennessee schoolteacher, A. C. Dodson.
Erected 1964 by State Historical Survey Committee. (Marker Number 1239.)
Location. 32° 42.368′ N, 100° 53.393′ W. Marker is in Snyder, Texas, in Scurry County. Touch for map. Marker is behind the Western Texas College Coliseum in the Scurry County Heritage Village. Marker is at or near this postal address: 900 East Coliseum Drive, Snyder TX 79549, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 2 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Engine No. 5 (within shouting distance of this marker); Old Snyder Graveyard (approx. one mile away); R. L. McMullan Home (approx. 1.6 miles away); Roscoe, Snyder & Pacific Railroad Company (approx. 1.6 miles away); First Presbyterian Church First Methodist Church (approx. 1.7 miles away); Site of Sanitarium of Alonzo Orrin Scarborough (approx. 1.7 miles away); Site of Store of William Henry "Pete" Snyder (approx. 1.7 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Snyder.
Categories. • Notable Buildings •
Credits. This page was last revised on December 1, 2017. This page originally submitted on December 1, 2017, by Bill Kirchner of Tucson, Arizona. This page has been viewed 67 times since then. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on December 1, 2017, by Bill Kirchner of Tucson, Arizona.