Snyder in Scurry County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
R. L. McMullan Home
Bought by R. L. McMullan in 1902; preserved by family.
Erected 1966 by State Historical Survey Committee. (Marker Number 4153.)
Location. 32° 43.099′ N, 100° 54.748′ W. Marker is in Snyder, Texas, in Scurry County. Marker is on Avenue N north of 24th Street, on the left when traveling north. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Snyder TX 79549, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Roscoe, Snyder & Pacific Railroad Company (approx. 0.2 miles away); Site of O.K. Wagon Yard (approx. ¼ mile away); Snyder National Bank (approx. ¼ mile away); Scurry County Courthouse Site and Building (approx. 0.3 miles away); Scurry County (approx. 0.3 miles away); Site of Sanitarium of Alonzo Orrin Scarborough County Named for Texas Confederate William R. Scurry (approx. 0.3 miles away); Site of Store of William Henry "Pete" Snyder (approx. 0.3 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Snyder.
More about this marker. Marker was inside home. Lady at house said she took it inside to keep it from being stolen.
Categories. • Notable Buildings •
Credits. This page was last revised on December 2, 2017. This page originally submitted on December 2, 2017, by Bill Kirchner of Tucson, Arizona. This page has been viewed 39 times since then. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on December 2, 2017, by Bill Kirchner of Tucson, Arizona.