Marshall in Harrison County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
Erected 1973 by Texas Historical Commission. (Marker Number 10163.)
Location. 32° 33.057′ N, 94° 22.047′ W. Marker is in Marshall, Texas, in Harrison County. Marker is at the intersection of North Washington Avenue and Ginocchio Street, on the right when traveling south on North Washington Avenue. Touch for map. Historical marker, Texas Historical Medallion, and National Register of Historic Places marker are mounted on the wall beside the front door of subject house. Marker is at or near this postal address: 615 Washington Avenue, Marshall TX 75670, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. The Allen House (within shouting distance of this marker); Ginocchio Hotel and Restaurant Texas & Pacific Depot (within shouting distance of this marker); Site of The Confederate Hat Factory in Marshall, C.S.A. (approx. 0.2 miles away); Site of Marshall Masonic Female Institute (approx. ¼ mile away); Sam Houston's 1857 Campaign in Marshall (approx. ¼ mile away); Telegraph Park (approx. 0.4 miles away); Harrison County (approx. 0.4 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Marshall.
Regarding Ginocchio-Cook-Pedison House. The Ginocchio House is a recorded Texas Historic Landmark (1973), and entered in the National Register of Historic Places (1974)
Also see . . . Ginocchio-Cook-Pedison Home.
Designed and built by C.G. Lancaster in 1886, the Ginocchio-Cook-Pedison home is one of several structures that make up the Ginocchio Historical District in Marshall. The home was built for Charles A. Ginocchio who came to the United States in 1848 from Italy. The Ginocchio-Cook-Pedison house is a brick, three-story, 1886 Queen Anne structure. It has a steeply pitched roof of irregular shape, with a dominant front-facing (Submitted on December 2, 2017, by Cosmos Mariner of Cape Canaveral, Florida.)
Categories. • Notable Buildings •
Credits. This page was last revised on December 13, 2017. This page originally submitted on December 2, 2017, by Cosmos Mariner of Cape Canaveral, Florida. This page has been viewed 102 times since then and 10 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6. submitted on December 2, 2017, by Cosmos Mariner of Cape Canaveral, Florida. • Andrew Ruppenstein was the editor who published this page.