Comfort in Kendall County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
Comfort Community Church
Dedicated in 1892, this Gothic revival building first served the Deutsche Evangelische Gemeinde (German Evangelical Congregation), founded the previous year by the Rev. Frederick Bauer. The bell tower was added about 1898. For over 50 years, the Lutherans shared their building with other denominations, and the structure became known as the Comfort Community Church. It continues to serve the Immanuel Lutheran Church, as the congregation was renamed in 1947.
Erected 1986 by Texas Historical Commission. (Marker Number 998.)
Location. 29° 58.197′ N, 98° 54.813′ W. Marker is in Comfort, Texas, in Kendall County. Marker is on High Street east of 3rd Street, on the left when traveling east. Touch for map. Marker is located in front of the old Comfort Community Church. The newer Immanuel Lutheran Church is just west of the marker. Marker is at or near this postal address: 318 High Street, Comfort TX 78013, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 8 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Treue Der Union Monument (within shouting distance of this marker); Comfort School (about 500 feet away, The Founding Freethinkers (approx. half a mile away); The Gass Schmiede (approx. half a mile away); Apelt Armadillo Farm (approx. 2.4 miles away); Center Point, Texas (approx. 7.6 miles away); Camp Verde, Texas (approx. 7.6 miles away); Center Point Cemetery (approx. 7.8 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Comfort.
Categories. • Churches & Religion • Settlements & Settlers •
Credits. This page was last revised on December 11, 2017. This page originally submitted on December 11, 2017, by Cosmos Mariner of Cape Canaveral, Florida. This page has been viewed 63 times since then and 13 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. submitted on December 11, 2017, by Cosmos Mariner of Cape Canaveral, Florida. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page.