Uvalde in Uvalde County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
Built in 1927 as the home of Lee Schwartz, local merchant and city alderman, and his wife Agnes (Racer), this house was designed by San Antonio architect Will A. Noonan. Constructed on land formerly owned by Mrs. Schwartz's mother, the house was built on the site of an earlier home. Features of the modest colonial revival style house include a pedimented entry, single entry door with sidelights, and groupings of multi-light windows.
Erected 1997 by Texas Historical Commission. (Marker Number 12257.)
Location. 29° 12.992′ N, 99° 47.326′ W. Marker is in Uvalde, Texas, in Uvalde County. Marker is on North Getty Street (U.S. 83) 0.1 miles north of East Leona Street, on the right when traveling north. Touch for map. Marker is located directly in front of subject house. Marker is at or near this postal address: 524 North Getty Street, Uvalde TX 78801, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. 1830 - Reading Wood Black - 1867 (approx. ¼ mile away); First Presbyterian Church of Uvalde (approx. ¼ mile away); Original Site of Uvalde High School King Fisher (approx. 0.3 miles away); John Nance Garner House (approx. 0.3 miles away); Judge John Nance Garner (approx. 0.3 miles away); Capt. William Benson (approx. 0.4 miles away); Grand Opera House (approx. 0.4 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Uvalde.
Categories. • Notable Buildings •
Credits. This page was last revised on December 13, 2017. This page originally submitted on December 11, 2017, by Cosmos Mariner of Cape Canaveral, Florida. This page has been viewed 78 times since then and 23 times this year. Photos: 1. submitted on December 11, 2017, by Cosmos Mariner of Cape Canaveral, Florida. 2, 3. submitted on December 12, 2017, by Cosmos Mariner of Cape Canaveral, Florida. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page.