Brookland in Washington, District of Columbia — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Erected to the Memory of the Very Reverend Commissaries
Erected to the memory of the very Reverend Commissaries
of the Holy Land for the United States; who have, since
1880 contributed to the preservation of the Holy-Places
and prospered the charitable missionary activities of
the Franciscan Custody of the Holy Land in Jerusalem.
• Father Charles Vissani, O.F.M., 1880-1896
• Father Godfrey Schilling, O.F.M., 1896-1901
• Father Godfrey Schilling, O.F.M., 1911-1922
• Father Leonard Neukirchen, O.F.M., 1901-1903
• Father Peter B. Englert, O.F.M., 1903-1905
• Father Bede Oldergeering, O.F.M., 1905-1911
• Father John Forest Donegan, O.F.M., 1922-1926
• Father John Forest Mc Gee, O.F.M., 1926-1928
• Father Bernadine Bidinger, O.F.M., 1928-1935
• Father Leonard Walsh, O.F.M., 1935-1944
• Father Edmund Murphy, O.F.M., 1944-1950
• Father Paschal Kinsel, O.F.M., 1950-1962
• Father Terence Kuehn, O.F.M., 1962-1968
• Father Bartholemew Bengisser, O.F.M., 1968-1977
Brother Joseph Pounds, O.F.M.
August 16, 1977
Pray for him and his parents
Dr. Francis S. and Mary L. Pounds
Location. 38° 56.234′ N, 76° 59.1′ Touch for map. On the grounds of the Franciscan Monastery. Marker is at or near this postal address: 1400 Quincy St NE, Washington DC 20017, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Very Rev. Charles A. Vissani, O.F.M. (here, next to this marker); a different marker also named Very Rev. Charles A. Vissani, O.F.M. (here, next to this marker); Very Rev. Godfrey Schilling, O.F.M. (here, next to this marker); Corinthian Capital (within shouting distance of this marker); Carlo Angelo Facchina (within shouting distance of this marker); Franciscan Monastery (within shouting distance of this marker); Fort Bunker Hill (about 600 feet away, measured in a direct line); a different marker also named Fort Bunker Hill (approx. 0.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Brookland.
Categories. • Churches & Religion •
Credits. This page was last revised on January 2, 2018. This page originally submitted on December 22, 2017, by Devry Becker Jones of Silver Spring, Maryland. This page has been viewed 52 times since then and 3 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on December 22, 2017, by Devry Becker Jones of Silver Spring, Maryland. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.