The Dalles in Wasco County, Oregon — The American West (Northwest)
The first floor was divided into storefronts, the second floor had officers, and the third and fourth floors occupied by the Masons. The upper floors contained the lodge hall, banquet room, ballroom, and kitchen.
In 1915, the Masons deeded the building to French & Co. In 1920, the conversion of the upper three floors to residential use opened the first apartment house in The Dalles; the 57 unit Court Street Apartments. The architect was E.C. Price. In 1927, the property was sold to Brugman Lumber Company and the name was changed to The Commodore Apartments.
In 2002, the building was renovated by Cook Development Corporation to be used for offices, apartments, and storefronts. The building is now named The Commodore II.
Erected by City of The Dalles.
Location. 45° 36.072′ N, 121° 11.016′ W. Marker is in The Dalles, Oregon, in Wasco County. Marker is on Court Street near 3rd Street, on the right when traveling north. Touch for map
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Elks Temple (a few steps from this marker); The Dalles City Hall 1908 (within shouting distance of this marker); Oaks Hotel (within shouting distance of this marker); Lemke Building (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Foley House (about 400 feet away); Granada Theater (about 400 feet away); Carnegie Library (about 400 feet away); Gates Hotel (about 400 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in The Dalles.
Categories. • Fraternal or Sororal Organizations • Industry & Commerce •
Credits. This page was last revised on December 30, 2017. This page originally submitted on December 30, 2017, by Barry Swackhamer of San Jose, California. This page has been viewed 72 times since then and 26 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on December 30, 2017, by Barry Swackhamer of San Jose, California.