Georgetown in Washington, District of Columbia — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
MaHorney - Harrington House
Built c. 1821
—Formerly 64 Lingnen Street - Originally Gay Street —
In 1821, George MaHorney, a bricklayer, built this two room, two story frame "laborer's cottage." William W. Corcoran, a founder of the Corcoran and Riggs Bank and the Corcoran Gallery of Art, owned the property from 1853, through the Civil War, until 1866. He sold it to Dennis Harrington, in whose family it remained for 103 years.
Historic American Buildings Survey No. DC-188
Erected by U.S. Department of Interior. (Marker Number DC-188.)
Location. 38° 54.504′ N, 77° 4.217′ W. Marker is in Georgetown, District of Columbia, in Washington. Marker is on 36th Street NW south of P Street NW, on the right when traveling north. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 1423 36th Street NW, Washington DC 20007, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. La Casa Latina (about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line); The Black House (about 400 feet away); John Fitzgerald Kennedy (about 400 feet away); Jan Karski (n. Jan Kozielewski) (1914-2000) (about 500 feet away); Restoration of Georgetown’s Call Boxes America's Oldest Catholic University (about 500 feet away); Simplicity, Gentleness, Humility (about 500 feet away); Holy Trinity Parish (about 500 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Georgetown.
Categories. • Architecture •
Credits. This page was last revised on January 2, 2018. This page originally submitted on January 1, 2018, by Devry Jones of Washington, District of Columbia. This page has been viewed 61 times since then. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on January 1, 2018, by Devry Jones of Washington, District of Columbia. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.